Funjabi Tuition Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the terms and conditions between Funjabi Tuition and pupils and parents or legal guardians of pupils enrolled in Funjabi Tuition or participating in events. It contains important information and you should read these terms and conditions carefully before enrolling and attending to ensure that you understand that the contents of these terms and conditions are binding on both parties.
• “FunjabiTuition.com” means the Funjabi Tuition website
• “Registration Form” means the Registration Form relating to the booking or re-booking of children for a Term
• “Lessons” means Funjabi Tuition Lessons described in the Funjabi Tuition Lessons website (FunjabiTuition.com) and Registration Form.
• “Tutor” means the individual engaged by Funjabi Tuition to teach Lessons.
• “Fees” means the cost chargeable to attend Funjabi Tuition Lessons for a Half Term (Six-consecutive lessons), as specified above below.
• “Parent” means a parent or legal guardian of the child who will be responsible for the payment of the Fees and who is the contracting party to this contract and who shall be responsible for compliance with these Terms & Conditions
• “Child” means the Child/Pupil/Student who is attending or who is booked to attend Funjabi Tuition Lessons and whose details are specified by the Parent on the Registration Form
- “Premises” means the premises where the Funjabi Tuition Lessons take place.
“Funjabi Tuition” means the entity with whom the Parent is entering into a contract with in respect of the provision of Lessons
- “Term” means the Lessons dates as specified on the Registration Form and website.
- “Terms & Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by Funjabi Tuition.
• All agreements and issues relating to the teaching of the Lessons by Funjabi Tuition to the Child and the on-going communication with Tutors, and Funjabi Tuition management are subject to the Terms & Conditions to the exclusion of all others.
• No variation or addition to the Terms & Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing by Funjabi Tuition and the Parent.
• These Terms & Conditions shall be deemed to be accepted by the Parent once the Registration Form has been signed and confirmation of payment of Fees has been received by Funjabi Tuition
• Funjabi Tuition may cancel this contract at any time before the child commences a Term, for any reason whatsoever. Funjabi Tuition shall not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation but will refund Fees paid for the remaining Lessons in the Term.
• Funjabi Tuition has the discretion to update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Following a change to these terms and conditions Funjabi Tuition will post a notification on the main page of www.funjabituition.com website and revise the updated date at the bottom of the Terms and Conditions last page. We encourage Parents to frequently check this website page for any changes to stay informed about these terms and conditions. It is the Parents responsibility to review these terms and conditions periodically and become aware of modifications.
• The continued attendance by the child at Funjabi Tuition following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions will be deemed acceptance of those changes by the Parent.
• By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions the Parent agrees not to share any aspects of Funjabi Tuition program with a third party who may be involved in a business that operates in the same market as Funjabi Tuition. The Parent will not be involved directly or indirectly with such a company.
• The Parent will not take, replicate or use any Funjabi Tuition course material directly or indirectly for his/her own use or for use by any third party.
• The Parent agrees not to directly or indirectly be involved or interested in the any business which competes with Funjabi Tuition while the Child is a pupil of Funjabi Tuition and for a period of six-months thereafter.
• The Parent warrants that the information provided on the Registration Form is accurate and up to date in all respects at the point of booking. Any changes will be sent by the Parent to Funjabi Tuition immediately in writing.
• It is the Parent’s responsibility to inform Funjabi Tuition of any special medical conditions at the point of booking. This includes behavioural disorders and any changes that may develop, to be sent by the Parent to Funjabi Tuition immediately either in writing or by verbal communication to the Tutor.
• The Child and/or Parent must not attend any Lesson whilst suffering from any serious illness or contagious disease or anything similar thereto.
• Funjabi Tuition shall have the sole right to exclude the Child and/or Parent either permanently or for such period as Funjabi Tuition shall (in its entire discretion) determine if deemed necessary for the safety and well-being of other Children attending Lessons.
• It is the responsibility of the parents to get their Child to Lessons on time and to pick up their Child immediately after the Child’s Lesson.
• Parents please ensure that your Child’s name is on their coats, bags, sweatshirts and other personal items that may be displaced.
• Funjabi Tuition expects all children to be well behaved at all times. Bad behaviour and bad language, in any language, will not be tolerated and parents will be informed if this happens.
• Funjabi Tuition DOES NOT allow parent participation during Lessons at any time.
Limitation of liability
• The Parent agrees that any claim made against Funjabi Tuition will be made in writing within 30 days of the incident taking place and failure to report in writing to Funjabi Tuition within this time will negate any such claim.
• The maximum aggregate liability for Funjabi Tuition to the Child or Parent will not exceed the Fees paid.
• Neither Funjabi Tuition nor any tutor, teachers assistant nor any employee, agent or other representative accepts responsibility in respect of loss, damage or expense incurred by a Child or Parent arising directly or indirectly or in any way connected with the attendance of the Child at Lessons (or any Lesson) or any other act or omission on the part of Funjabi Tuition, its Tutors, teachers assistants, or representatives.
• All warranties and conditions whether implied by statute or otherwise are excluded from this contract provided that nothing in this contract shall restrict or exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Funjabi Tuition, its Tutors, teachers assistants, or representatives or affects the statutory rights of the parent or Child.
• The Parent agrees that any product purchased from Funjabi Tuition website is to be used at their own risk. Funjabi Tuition will not accept responsibility for any personal injury which may occur due to improper use.
Fees & Payment
• The Parent shall pay the Fees for the Term to Funjabi Tuition prior to the Child commencing a Term.
• Fees are non-refundable.
• Written notice of four-term weeks is required if a Parent decides to cancel Funjabi Tuition Lessons. If insufficient notice is given then parents agree to pay the difference between the required notice period and the notice given.
• Child places will only be secured once full payment has been received and parents have confirmation from Funjabi Tuition.
• Children whose fees are unpaid by the 2nd week of the new Term, will unfortunately be unable to attend Funjabi Tuition Classes until such time as fees are paid and may incur an additional late payment charge of 5% of the Term fees.
Video & Photography & Birthdays & Social Media
• Videos or photos may NOT be taken inside the class buildings or during Funjabi Tuition Lessons.
• Birthday celebrations cannot take place during Lessons. If a child has a birthday on Lesson day, parents should inform the Tutor who will arrange for the whole class to sing Happy Birthday for the birthday child.
• Funjabi Tuition do operate a Facebook, Instagram and Twitter page. Under no circumstances does Funjabi Tuition share images or full descriptions of the children/students. For example, a posting may read 'Joe excelled today' instead of 'Joe Surname excelled today'. From time to time, if a Child has excelled in a piece of work then a photograph of their Lesson work may be shared.
Illness and Missed Group Lessons
• All Lessons are non-refundable unless the Lesson is cancelled by Funjabi Tuition. For example, due to tutor absence or extreme weather conditions posing a hazard to hall access. A full refund for the cancelled Lesson will be issued to the Parent.
• By agreeing to these terms and conditions the Parent consents that the data provided (non-financial) can be used by Funjabi Tuition.
• The Parent shall indemnify and keep indemnified Funjabi Tuition against all loss (including loss of profit), liability, cost and expenses which Funjabi Tuition may incur directly or indirectly as a consequence of any action or inaction of the Parent or Child.
• The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the obligations arising under this contract shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce any or all of such obligations.
• These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties (Funjabi Tuition and Parents) hereto and supersedes prior agreements and understandings between the parties.
• This contract shall be governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you have any questions about the Terms and Conditions or the practices of Funjabi Tuition, its Website or the Registration Form please contact us by email or letter.
The Funjabi Tuition terms and conditions document was last updated on 15 July 2018 (V2)